Want a luxurious morning? Here are 5 ridiculously easy ways to have one.
- Get some organic cucumber, limes and mint (starting to sound more like a mojito? Great, but this one is the healthy kind)
- Slice 1/4 of the cucumber and 1/2 lime
- Add it with some mint leaves on a bottle or jar of water
- Store it in the fridge overnight
- It’s great to get hydrated first thing in the morning;
- Cucumber, lime, and mint are perfect for detoxifying and for your skin;
- All these ingredients have stress-reductive, anti-inflammatory and cancer preventive properties (not to mention a tonne of other health benefits);
- It will make your water so much more yummy to drink; you’ll want to drink more!
- Have a book that is inspirational for you and read a chapter or so of it.
- Watch to a TED talk or some Youtube inspirational video.
- Listen to a Podcast episode.
- Write down on something like The 5-Minute Journal, where you find 3 things you’re grateful for, set the intentions for the day and write some affirmations about yourself and your life.
- Make a visualisation exercise.
INDULGE IN SILENCE
- Find a quiet place where you’d like to be doing this every day.
- Pick a pillow to sit on (use something that is thick and hard enough to support your weight) and a small blanket or scarf that you’d also like to be using every day.
- Use an app to time how long you’d like to be sitting for (I personally love Headspace, Samsara, but there’s also Calm, Insight Timer, …).
- Sit with your legs crossed (or use a chair if this is too uncomfortable) and focus only on keeping your spine straight and on paying attention to every single breath you take.
- Do not judge yourself or the practice for having your mind wandering, we all do! Instead, every time you noticed that your mind wondered, bring it back to your breath. Over and over again. That’s the practice.
- To take a walk.
- Follow a yoga video (you can find one of mine here, or follow Yoga with Adrianne – she has great videos for beginners), or some low/high-intensity workout video on Youtube.
- Have a consistent morning exercise routine, like the 5 Tibetans (which you can find here).
- Be especially mindful in your shower, feeling your senses rather than being up in your mind.
- Feel free to use your imagination 😉
- Oatmeal (no surprise here), it helps to lower cholesterol, contains omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium.
- Greek yoghurt, it’s loaded with calcium and has twice the protein of a regular yoghurt.
- Grapefruit or kiwi, filled with Vitamin-C and fibre.
- Bananas, also rich in fibre and potassium, they have a metabolism-boosting resistant starch.
- Eggs, high in protein can help you to curb calories intake all day long.
Want to start embracing your morning in a new way? Sign up for my morning challenge and bring a change to your days and life, with the famous Miracle Morning. During 7 days, we’ll be progressively implementing the Miracle Morning practice suggested by Hal Elrod, until we have achieved a complete new morning ritual.
I’ll be doing Facebook live videos every day and giving tips on how to make that method easier to start.
Come join us!